Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nursing School

So, I've decided to go to nursing school! Why, you may ask? Well, aside from all the practical benefits to being a nurse, it's something that's been in the back of my mind for years. I've never seriously considered it because...well, I don't really know why. I guess I thought I wasn't smart enough for it.

Just finished Anatomy and Physiology I, and it was definitely the hardest class I've ever taken BY FAR. And mind you, I have a bachelor's degree! I found out AFTER I started the class that Macon State's A&P classes are hard compared to other schools in the area--just my luck. But I'm happy to report I passed with flying colors!

Now, on to A&P 2. Start that on Tuesday. I'll take Microbiology in the spring, then I start clinicals in August! After 2 years, you can call me Nurse Sarah!

I'm trying to keep a level head on about all this, though. I don't ever want my family to suffer because of this new ambition of mine. I'm praying that I'll know when to say 'enough is enough.' It will be a major balancing act for sure, but 'family first' is my motto!

1 comments:

Karen Evans said...

It will be tough but sooo worth it!! I loved A&P, but hated Micro! Keep me updated on how its going!