Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Penny Lane



Meet Penny Lane, my sweet little 2.5 year-old chow mix. Penny came to live with us a little over 2 years ago when a friend found her half-starved and wandering around her neighborhood. We took her in simply because of how cute she was. I confess there were many times while she was young that I wanted to kill her (she was a terrible teether and chewed on everything!), but she has grown up into a very well-behaved and obedient dog (and doesn't chew anymore at all).

Penny loves people and other animals, particularly my cat Moochie. If Penny can make friends with Moochie, she can make friends with anyone I'm convinced. She loves to play and often I look out the window and watch her running in circles as fast as she possibly can--it's pretty funny.

Penny stays in the yard unless she sees a squirrel, and she knows how to come, sit, lay down, go lay down, and stay. She does ok on a leash, although she will stay with you on a walk without one.

Why am I telling you all of this? Well, unfortunately, I think we will eventually have to get rid of her. We are planning on moving downtown sometime in the next months, and with little to no yard and busy streets, it's not the place for her. I want her to have a place to run around and have a family that will love her and take care of her. I don't want her cooped up in my house or a tiny yard, and I'd hate for her to get lost downtown.

So, if you or anyone you know needs a friendly dog, please let me know! I'm not in a hurry; obviously we aren't moving yet. She's easy--already had all her shots, her female surgery, etc. She's house-trained (although she doesn't stay inside with us anymore), and otherwise trained. And she'll love you!

0 comments: